We’ve seen April 12th roll by, then May 17th came around quicker than we could say ‘dining indoors, and now June is on our doorsteps and we’re awaiting the news from good ol’ Boris come the 21st.
But we’ve noticed a lot of chatter around staying home for the summer holidays (again), or whether individuals will brave the current climate and hop on a plane to somewhere sunnier… Are you in two minds? Same here!
As your local shopping centre, we’re here to inspire readers with whatever decision they make. We’ll be going through activities you can enjoy during June and beyond if you’re not jetting off – plus, ideas on what to prepare if you are planning on having some fun in the sun.
Staying in the UK?
If you’ve opted to stay in the country this summer, there’s still plenty for you and your kiddies to enjoy! All the activities highlighted in the link here (insert link) are ones hosted in our beloved Gravesend, plus a little that are slightly further out.
This link above offers a super simple guide to what’s on for children and families over the next few months. From castle-themed adventure playground to aqua parks and jump giants, you’ll be spoilt for choice, and we know the kids will LOVE spending time with their parents and besties alike.
We particularly like the idea of jumping sky-high or battling dragons in the adventure playground. Not to mention a relaxing evening at the local cinema with tonnes of sweet treats to snack on. Be sure to scroll through the entire list, there’s so much on offer! #TimeToHaveFun
If we’ve tempted you to stay in the UK for your summer hols, click the link to find out more and book your trips out today! Don’t forget to grab cosy clothes and even comfier shoes to complete these activities from Sports Direct and Clarks. Remember, it’s best to be prepared!
And not just this, we think it’s a fabulous idea to pop to Rymans and Poundland to grab fun activities that you can set up to do at home. From water slides to paddling pools and even board games, the kids will feel like they’re on holiday either way – as long as the UK weather holds up!
Treats at the Centre!
Look, everyone LOVES going on holiday, but the pandemic has put a couple of bumps in the road to say the least!).
So, if you want to save a few pennies, or don’t feel 100% to travel abroad yet, then there’s still LOADS of fun things to do when you next visit the centre. Here are just a few:
- Enjoy with friends, or family to an evening at the flicks. Be sure to choose a good movie to watch and grab those essential snacks from Holland and Barrett! (We adore the dark chocolate coated cranberries *licks lips*).
- Enjoy takeaway treats from one of our many cafes. Whether homely dishes from Sies Pie & Mash to baked goods from BBs Coffee & Muffins or sweetie bags from Poundland. A sugary pit-stop, once you’ve finished shopping at the centre, is just what’s needed for a fun evening ahead.
- For the kiddies, we’ve got activities and toys galore. Poundland and WHSmith have plenty of offers on at the mo, so you’ll be able to find something to take home for them to enjoy!
‘Seas the Day’
If you and your loved ones are going to ‘seize the day’ by swanning off on your holi-bobs, then we’re here to inspire you with all the essentials you’ll need to pack.
Suitcase essentials MUST include:
– The right clothing, from undies to tank tops! We’d recommend popping to Rose Petals and Sports Direct.
– The toiletries. Get your toothbrush, moisturisers, and makeup at the ready. Here are where you can grab the goods: Has to be Boots for us.
– SUN CREAM. Grab a bottle (or three) from Savers.
– Mini first aid kit, you know, just in case! We’d recommend getting stocked up on allergy medicines from Sainsbury’s and Boots too.
– And lastly, all your electronics, from chargers to protective cases. We think Top Gift is your best bet. 😊
Plus, if you feel like you want to tone up a little before you jet off, sign up for a membership at Anytime Fitness or PureGym today! #GetYourWorkoutOn
It’s time for you to tick everything off of your list! *high five*
Now we’ll wait for more information on the 21st June and whether or not more holidays abroad become a popular theme for 2021. Whatever you plan on doing this Summer, we hope we’ve helped inspire you! Remember to #ShopSafe when visiting the centre – we look forward to seeing you soon.